Magellan Complete Care’s mission is to partner with our members, providers, community partners and state customers to provide individualized, data-informed and technology-assisted approaches to healthcare delivery and care coordination. Magellan Complete Care’s goal–to improve members’ care, quality of life and health outcomes–is achieved within neighborhoods and local communities. We call it our Integrated Health NeighborhoodSM (IHN).
Magellan Complete Care’s Integrated Health NeighborhoodSM teams live and work within our members’ communities. We have first-hand knowledge of state and local services, community- and faith-based programs, and other resources close to our members’ homes. Connecting our members to housing, transportation, food, job training and other supports ensures they have strong foundations upon which they can build healthy lives.
Our provider and community partnerships, key elements of the IHN, are built with a shared commitment to person-centeredness, evidence-based treatment, robust communication and teamwork. Magellan Complete Care’s approach includes:
- Serving the whole member – physical, behavioral, and social needs
- Hiring local and culturally competent staff who can relate to our members
- Establishing relationships with advocacy and community-based organizations to enhance our services
- Collaborating with providers through our support specialists, licensed clinicians who facilitate practice transformation for the most efficient and effective care
- Investing in innovation to further the use of technology to deliver care, integrate care management and simplify program administration
- Monitoring and managing HEDIS performance, EPSDT compliance, birth outcomes and preventable events
Our IHN incorporates Magellan programs such as pharmaceutical management and specialty utilization management, which are focused on improving member outcomes and reducing inappropriate care. Our Virtual Care Solution, On To Better Health, provides behavioral health screening, individualized treatment and education for members in the privacy of their homes.